Saturday 21 May 2011

"Like some child possessed"


Once upon a time I was obsessed with Florence and the machine. I had a full week phase of total adoration for the music, playing the album 'Lungs' on constant repeat. Around my head the soulful lyrics echoed and the percussion and drum beats amazed me, then quite shockingly after 7 days I halted my listening. By no means was this intended, it was just simply a reaction to having been totally immersed in all things Flo.

Then in all the same haste In which I first abandoned her did I begin to start my reunion. After listening to 'Between two lungs', 'Howl' & 'Drumming song' I can say that once again I am infatuated. I'm surprisingly glad of this sudden re awaking of my love for Florence and the machine because I know it will be a phase.

Yes, as strange as this may sound, I need more phases. Since January my wardrobe has lacked any major new passion pointing to the fact that I haven't had time.

Indeed, I've been shopping & flicked through magazines but I've not taken anything in. The utter Chaos and disorder of the last few months have made it impossible for me to actually see enough depth in something to take inspiration from it. Though being the indulgent I am, I've somehow sub consciously chosen the most stressed and unbalancing few months to do this, but I'm not complaining as Chiffon, Lace, Silk & Tulle are ever present in my imagination as of late.

I've also became captivated with long flowing items and fringing. You see,  I've missed this utter desire for clothes, even just for fabric. Its the type of getting dressed I adore, when somehow the clothes choose you. It might even mean wearing the same item again and again but its having the desire to want to wear it constantly. I'm totally in lust for all of Florence's Items and how she pairs her innocent beautiful dresses with harsh corrupted accessories such as leather and occasionally costume jewellery and sequins.

Her offstage looks are just as lovely, she's a fan of vintage is Florence. With some ankles socks, brogues and a Mulberry bag the girl is good to go, though she looks just as good in jeans, an old tshirt and a pendant or three.
This is my favourite Florence Welsh outfit, It's the whole 'I just through it on' look and the layering effect works so well. Messy hair, coat chucked on.
Though of course her godess, more dramatic outfits will continue to charm me.

2 comments:

  1. this sounds like i could have written it! i just rediscovered florence + the machine too. all my friends started listening to it and then i got sick of it for a while :D and florence welch is such great style inspiration :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovin' florence's white dress! Great blog!

    www.thegirlwiththenotepad.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete