Friday 11 February 2011

"Plus size?"

You don't need to know me well to somehow grasp my love of the underdog, but I'm begining to get really annoyed. I've never really ranted on my blog before, and made my rule to write when i'm inspired. But I'm inspired by anger.

I regually get emails from different fashion websites, most of the subjects in the header do not appeal to me so I just normally delete them straight away but one had "Rise of the plus size model".

What i'm so annoyed at is that term plus size model. There never really was a revolution for any size was there? How on earth can fashion be all accepting if there called plus size? Size 8 should not be called it, not even in model sizes. I'm so sick of how the fashion industry supposedly accepts and rejects in the same sentence. Like Karl Lagerfeld is somehow doing Crystal Renn a favour by letting her walk in one of his shows. As if people above a 4 are somehow not worthy to wear fashion, having a waist a couple of inches bigger then the rest of them obviously must mean there an inferior race?

I only know a few teenage girls that do have a healthy relationship with food, how can magazines claim that all the airbrushing is not partly to blame for the increasing amount of people with eating disorders? Of course its society as a whole but when they make such a big issue of having a size 10 on the cover or editorial shoots, its downright wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment